January 31, 2023
RF Optimization. Network NG Engineer | Ikoyi, Lagos, South West Region, Nigeria
Job Identification: 1911
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Locations: MTN plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos State, South West Region, 101233, NG
Apply Before: 02/06/2023, 11:59 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager RF Optimization
- Measure Network Capacity and coverage enhancement functions within the assigned cluster with:
- Capacity – Ensures Managed Services partner does capacity study at the beginning of the year and provides input to RF Planning.
- Coverage – Ensures Managed Services partner does coverage optimization and provides input to RF planning on coverage gaps.
- Technology Monitoring – Ensure multiservice sites (2G, 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G etc.) monitoring with good performance.
- Measure Network optimization/performance management within the region with:
- Daily Network Health check using Statistical tools like MAPS.
- Ensure Managed Services carries out Network Drive Test and Optimization to improve network quality.
- Ensure Automatic Frequency Planning (AFP) of the GSM Network to improve the GSM network coverage, quality and customer experience.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and configuration to ensure KPIs are in conformance with targets
- Analyze and critic MSOP Weekly Optimization Reports and provide comments on SLA KPIs and Performance KPIs in order to foresee needs for coverage/capacity expansion.
- Review network changes submitted by the optimization vendors before logging job request to the Change Management Portal and engage all relevant stakeholders before the Change Management Meetings.
- Maintain accurate and thorough Knowledge of the network architecture
- Coordinate customer complains resolution with the Optimization Vendor
- Coordinate the handling of local network queries raised by the customer operations team in the assigned cluster
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the behavior and status of all sites in the assigned cluster to aid feedback to management
- First Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines.
3-7 years of experience which includes:
- RF Optimization experience with a Telecom vendor or Wireless Telecom operator
- Experience on 2G, 3G, 4G Optimization
MTN Group Limited is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. MTN recorded 232.6 million subscribers, making it the eighth largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
With more than 17510 professionals, working in over 20 countries around the world.
MTN recruiters are always searching for brilliant candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, hard work is expected, and creativity is rewarded. MTN employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, and a network of like-minded co-workers that drive innovation across the entire telecommunication industry.
Do you want to be a part of a mission that delivers a bold new digital world to Nigeria and Nigerians?
Then, join MTN Nigeria!
Welcome to our Y’ello family where our people are our most critical competitive assets.
If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes and invests in YOU while delivering the best value to those they serve, then THIS is the place.
Our Employee Value Proposition enables you to work with meaning, connect to develop, thrive in positivity, and grow with purpose, all-round, in all aspects to Live inspired.
We are a proudly Platinum IiP certified company dedicated to choosing the very best candidates and working to develop your skill and talent to make sure we boost a workforce second to none.
It’s a great place to work!
Take that bold step and apply today!