Overall Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for keeping accurate accounting records, including strict monitoring of drilling AFE costs and all other costs incurred during drilling activities, keeping adequate and up-to-date records of all drilling items, and reporting the same accurately monthly, quarterly, and annually
1. Dedicated Finance support to the Drilling and Completions Team-Serve as an interface between Finance and drilling. Attend inquiries on invoice status and well cost or escalating as appropriate. Ensure that Well AFEs are fully approved before wells are spudded.
2. Provide adequate support to the JV team on monthly cash call requests, monthly returns and reviews, budget and performance defense meetings, all drilling-related AFE & Budget Certification and Confirmation¸ tracking, and provide drilling projects spend and overhead report monthly or as may be required
3. Ensure that all relevant drilling costs are captured in appropriate AFEs and expenditures are incurred and charged to accounts in line with the AFE.
4. Escalate to finance management and or asset managers areas of variances between AFE and expenditure.
5. Provide reports and support documents as required for Internal and Statutory audits to ensure no audit exceptions are recorded
6. Provide finance support to ensure 95% cost recovery on drilling activities from our NPDC and NAPIMS JV partners, actively participating in JV partner meetings (SUB COM & TECOM)
7. Regular review of drilling general ledger for proper cost coding and eventual reclassifications.
8. Active Participation in the month-end accounting process activities is as follows:
i. Capex and Opex drilling general ledger review and reclassifications as may be required.
ii. Accruals booking, with a focus to ensure that at year-end accounting ensure all drilling costs are captured in the year of spend.
iii. Drilling Capex Reports
iv. Purchase requisition verification
9. Participate actively in the budget build for all drilling campaigns by ensuring that all relevant drilling costs are provided for during the budget build.
10. Respond to all drilling cost queries.
11. Drilling Vendor relationship and finance interface
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or any business management-related course.
• Professional Qualification – ACA, ACCA, CPA
• 5+years of post-qualification experience
• 10+ years of oil and gas accounting experience
The Application Closes on the 6th of September 2022