January 31, 2023
Analyst - Infrastructure Operations. Information Technology | Ikoyi, Lagos, South West Region, Nigeria
Job Category:MTN Level 2
Locations: MTN plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos State, South West Region, 101233, NG
Posting Date:01/27/2023, 02:09 PM
Apply Before: 02/06/2023, 11:59 PM
Degree Level: University
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager - Infrastructure Operations
Division: Information Technology
- Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
- Assist other Infrastructure and Cloud team and development teams to resolve application-to-platform integration issues (IaaS and PaaS) across different cloud providers and deployment models.
- Manage crisis situations and work under pressure to resolve problems.
- Plan and undertake projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems as directed by IT Senior management.
- Develop, contribute, and evaluate technical proposals related to enhancing cloud migrations and implementations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of platform performance, scalability, efficiency, and reliability.
- Provide technical expertise for 1st and 2nd line IT support staff, sharing technical knowledge
- Work with various cross-functional teams.
- Ensure policies and processes are well-documented, communicated and followed.
- Advocate for and drive major initiatives that move the organization forward and help us scale.
- Provide timely information for Audits and Security requests and ensure vulnerabilities and findings are closed.
- Work with OEMs, Partners, Planning teams and other key stakeholders to ensure highly available Infrastructure.
- First degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or any related discipline
- UNIX Linux and Windows Administration
- Database management
- Backup and recovery
- Fluent in English
3 - 7 years of experience which includes;
- Proficiency in the implementation and management of at least two of the following technical disciplines: Databases (Relational and NoSql); Operating Systems(Linux, Unix and Windows); Storage and SAN solutions, Backup and recovery, Replication technology as well as Virtualisation
- Experience in platform migrations and upgrade of Infrastructure components e.g. Firmware, databases etc.
- Hands-on experience managing and migrating cloud solutions.
- Ability to automate the entire DevOps pipeline, including CI/CD cycles, app performance monitoring, infrastructure, and configurations, among others.
- Skilled in Infrastructure as a code and able to work with tools such as Git, GitHub, Puppet etc.
MTN Group Limited is a South African multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg. MTN recorded 232.6 million subscribers, making it the eighth largest mobile network operator in the world, and the largest in Africa.
With more than 17510 professionals, working in over 20 countries around the world.
MTN recruiters are always searching for brilliant candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, hard work is expected, and creativity is rewarded. MTN employees enjoy competitive salaries, excellent health benefits, and a network of like-minded co-workers that drive innovation across the entire telecommunication industry.
Do you want to be a part of a mission that delivers a bold new digital world to Nigeria and Nigerians?
Then, join MTN Nigeria!
Welcome to our Y’ello family where our people are our most critical competitive assets.
If you are passionate about working for a brand that believes and invests in YOU while delivering the best value to those they serve, then THIS is the place.
Our Employee Value Proposition enables you to work with meaning, connect to develop, thrive in positivity, and grow with purpose, all-round, in all aspects to Live inspired.
We are a proudly Platinum IiP certified company dedicated to choosing the very best candidates and working to develop your skill and talent to make sure we boost a workforce second to none.
It’s a great place to work!
Take that bold step and apply today!